On the shooting down of the civil aircraft Boing-777 (flight MAS-17) of the air company “Malaysian airlines” on July 17, 2014.
1.On July 17, 2014 at the altitude of 10100 meters the civil aircraft Boing-777 (flight MAS-17) was shot down of the air company “Malaysian airlines”, which was flying from Amsterdam (the Netherlands) – Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia). All 280 passengers who were on board of the plane, as well as 15 members of the crew died.
2. This air catastrophe became the tragedty for Ukraine and the entire world.
3. Ukraine express sincere condolences to the families and relatives of the deceased in this awful catastrophe.
4. President of Ukraine immediately initiated establishment of the State commission with engagement of the specialists of ICAO and other international structures with the aim of proper investigation of the reasons of this terrorist act. All possible search and rescue measures are being held.
5. In particular, according to the information available for this moment, around 16.2 (Kyiv time) the aircraft disappeared from the radar screens of the Dnipropetrovs’k district control center. The aircraft crashed in 3 kilometers to the North West of the locality Grabove of the Shahtarsk district of the Donetsk region near the Ukrainian-Russian border.
6. The place of crashing debris of the aircraft is situated in the zone which is for today is under operative control of the terrorist groups, supported from the Russian Federation. In view of this fact the Government of Ukraine takes all measures in order to negotiate-agree with the illegal armed groups and receive full access tot eh place of catastrophe for conducting necessary actions on identification and repatriation of bodies of the decreased to their motherland.
7.In the MFA of Ukraine the operational headquarters is established which will be working on 24 hour basis for working with the applications of the relatives of the deceased passengers and coordination of the respective work with the diplomatic missions of the foreign states, accredited in Ukraine. As well, the respective operational head quarters were established in the Embassy of Ukraine in Malaysia and Embassy of Ukraine in the Kingdom of the Netherlands. The MFA of Ukraine will provide urgent processing of visas for the relatives of the deceased, including the possibility of doing so after their arrival to the airport Boryspil.
8. It is important that for the recent days it is already 3rd aircraft which was shot down – on July 14 and 16 from the territory of the Russian Federation the aircrafts AH-26 and SU-25 of the Armed forcers of Ukraine were shot down.
9. Already at this stage Ukraine received all grounds to believe that in the present case it goes about targeted shooting down of the aircraft with the help of missile and anti-aircraft complex.
10. It should be noted that during period of holding antiterrorist operation missile and anti-aircraft complexes of the Armed forces of Ukraine were not used, there was no launch of the anti-aircraft missiles. There were no pursuit planes of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in this time in the air area. The aircraft Boeing-777 was beyond the zone of destroying of the ground vehicles of the anti-aircraft defense of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
11. Already after several hours after the terrorist act the Security service of Ukraine received and made public unequivocal evidence that this aircraft was shot down by the pro-Russian terrorists from the Russian weapons. Records of the respective phone conversations were put here – http://youtu.be/V5E8kDo2n6g (original video),
- http://youtu.be/BbyZYgSXdyw (subtitles in English),
- http://youtu.be/jb3Y_eWkAmc (subtitles in German). Video with subtitles in other languages is expected to be released in nearest time.
12. This case finally proved that in the basis of the implanted by Kremlin instability in Donbass are not political processes but state terrorism which presents direct threat to the international peace and security.
13. Government of Ukraine takes all measures for investigation of the catastrophe of the airplane Boying-777 of the Malaysian airlines and provides necessary assistance to the relatives and family of the deceased passengers of the plane.
14. On July 17, on behalf of the Prime minister of Ukraine the Commission was established for finding out circumstances of the catastrophe of the airplane Boing-777 “Malaysian airlines” which will include representatives of authorities who are called to provide the organization of research and rescue works, all other procedures which were prescribed by the international and domestic law.
15. For the coordination of works the respective headquarters was established in Kharkiv.
16. From July 17, 2014 the MFA of Ukraine provided urgent processing of entry visas for the family and relatives of the deceased in the international airport “Boryspil” from July 18 – in the airport of Kharkiv.
17. 300 places were provided for free of charge placing of the family and relatives of the deceased in Kharkiv;
18. Founded bodies of the deceased are directed to Kharkiv.
19. Air area over Donetsk, Lugansk and part of the Kharkiv regions is fully closed for flights.