On November 27, 2014 the solemn opening of the first session of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine of the VIII convocation was held.
In the first day of the work the coalition was formed of the deputy factions. The chairperson of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine was elected and the Prime-Minister of Ukraine was approved.
The President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko addressed the people’s deputies with irregular address “On internal and external state of Ukraine”. The first number of the election list of the election union “Bat’kivshchyna” (“Motherland”), citizen of Ukraine Nadiya Savchenko illegally detained in the Russian jail, also took the oath. In the presence of the lawyers the newly elected deputy of Ukraine came to office. Having signed the test of the oath, which was demonstrated on the electronic scoreboard of the assembly hall of the parliament.
On November 2014 the solemn opening of the first session of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine of the VIII convocation was held. According to the results of the early parliamentary elections of October 26, 2014 423 people’s deputies entered the composition of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (in view of the Russian occupation the elections were not held in 27 majority districts of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea and Donbas).
Main results of the first working day of the new parliament were:
- taking oath by 418 deputies. Nadiya Savchenko illegally detained in the Russian jail, took the oath. In the presence of the lawyers the newly elected deputy of Ukraine came to office, having signed the test of the oath, which was demonstrated on the electronic scoreboard of the assembly hall of the parliament.
- Declaration of the establishment of such factions:
- Block of Petro Poroshenko (145 people’s deputies), head – Yuriy Lutsenko;
- “People’s front” (83 people’s deputies), head – Oleksandr Turchynov;
- “Opposition block” (40 peoples; deputies), head –Yuriy Boyko;
- Union “Samopomich” (“Self-help”) (32 people’s deputies), head –Oleksandr Berezuk;
- Radical party of Oleg Lyashko (22 people’s deputies), head – Oleg Lyashko;
- All-Ukrainian union “Bat’kivshchyna” (“Motherland”) (19 people’s deputies), head – Yulia Tymoshenko.
- Establishment of the coalition of the deputies’ factions and signing of the Coalition agreement. The representatives of all factions entered the parliamentary majority, except for “Opposition block (overall 302 people’s deputies). The formed coalition for its composition and program actions is proEuropean and reformer. It is proved by the coalition agreement which provides for the realization of the deep reforms in political, economic, military and social spheres with simultaneous clear determination of the timely framework of the prescribed steps.
- Election as a chairperson of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine by 359 votes of the people’s deputies of Volodymyr Groysman from the “Bloc of Petro Poroshenko”.
- Resignation in front of the newly elected parliament of the Government of the national unity headed by Arseniy Yatsenyuk;
- Endorsement by the parliament (341 votes) and approval by the President of Ukraine to the post of the Prime-Minister of Ukraine Arseniy Yatsenyuk. New composition of the Government of Ukraine is expected to be presented and approved on December 2. Till this day the members of the Cabinet of Ministers continue to exercise their duties;
- Irregular address “On internal and external state of Ukraine” of the President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko. The key signals of the address are:
- -“Plan of silent liquidation” of our state was snatched off a year ago by the Ukrainian people during the events of the Dignity revolution. It is since that time the enemy went with war on Ukraine;
- Do not scare us with the Third world war! In fact nobody is going to begin it… Establishment of peace in Donbas does not mean deprivation of military threat from the East. Unfortunately this threat is seen for a very far-reaching historic perspective and permanently will need great efforts and tremendous resources;
- Peaceful plan of the President of Ukraine and worked out on its basis Minsk agreements is non-alternative basis for political regulation of the situation on the East of Ukraine;
- The enemy is afraid even more of our success in the reforms, than our victory on the fronts;
- faith of the world in the potential progress of the Ukrainian project, readiness to help in its realization should be converted in the wide flow of the foreign investment in the Ukrainian economy which is together with hard, everyday work of everyone will begin to raise social standards of Ukrainians to those of the European level;
- 100% of Ukrainian today are for the united state, for the united country. The projects of the federalization, externally imposed, are unsuccessful. Passionate hello to those who from the East or the West advises us “to federalize”. You can advise, but Ukrainians are against it! And we are at last the power who can hear and fulfill the dreams of Ukrainians;
- While creating coalition, not the posts were divided, but the detailed plan was worked out of fundamental changes in the country. And these large-scale transformations should become the next stage of our revolution, smoothly flowing into the effective reformation;
- We should refuse from the declared in 2010 nonalignment of Ukraine. Political speculations around the immediate accession to the NATO do not approximate, but distance from Ukraine the time of the accession. Not with the word, but with the deed, real work we should meet the criteria which are needed by the NATO membership. Criteria and reforms of the Action plan on the membership in NATO and EU Association agreement coincide for 96%. Only Ukrainian people will decide whether Ukraine will become the NATO member;
- Proposed decentralization of the power will give impressive possibilities for taking into account of the local specifics in the issues of faith, historical memory, language, ethnic traditions and expression of otherness.